Saturday, May 5, 2018

Inspired by "The Rachel Divide"



I just watched the documentary "The Rachel Divide," tonight, on Netflix. The Documentary opened up some complexities, of the life story of Rachel Dolezal, that there were black siblings adopted into her family by her white American parents, and when her black sister went to file a case against their white brother for sexual molestation back in her childhood, Rachel stood by her sisters claims, and the parents chose to discredit both of them, to protect their own lies, and selves.

It seems like she was marred by these injustices, and identified with the oppressed siblings, and did not feel proud nor identified with white parents and abusive, troubled, white brother. I actually related a lot to her, her feelings, and her story. Not specifically all of it, yet a fair bit of it, to her inner drive to define who she resonated as, and shape her life by what she held respect and love, and identification with and for! I respect her unique audacity and knowing, comfort and love, in a community she willingly fought for, even while ridiculed, taunted, attacked, hated and critiqued in return. 



I was as adopted infant, and have had pretty vivid recall of past lives in multiple cultures and "races," from age 18 to 52. I resonate with African friends, loved ones, beauty culture, music, food, (just not West African polygamy so much,) and identify my race as "all," mainly because I experience a unified, and diverse world, within my memories, as having recalled slave lives of multiple races, and war lord lives as well.  

I have fallen in love with men from Iran, Native America, West Africa, Brazil, and Amsterdam, and most of them thought they were only their outward cultural expression overall. Still, they all had some openness of soul, some broader view of humanity, some gentleness, some innate gifts. So an open mind is not always an easy thing to transmit in this world, even in progressive America. Still, I imagine a closed mind, is an even harder burden to bare. Perhaps adoption opens the mind, and, or else my soul brought that into this lifetime.  

I can respect some of the popular views that her identification as a black woman, while born to white parents, is hard on her sons, and simultaneously, how she has raised them with a lot of love and self respect, honoring their culture, over her own. It is awkward.  

Michael Jackson bleached his face and shrank his nose, and we love him all the same. Maybe sexually abusive parents and or families inspire such longings. "If only I was the opposite race, maybe I could have stayed safe?" I don't know. 




Watching the documentary, it really felt like in her soul, Rachel holds connections to the African culture, "race" and experience. I was sad to see how much hate and fear she was met with in the African American community, and the sneering, conservative white Fox News type "culture," as well! I kept thinking, that hate is mostly not about her, mostly projection.  

I live in Santa Fe, where the cultures mingle closer, and African culture is admired, appreciated, and respected by many.  

Also, there are young children all over the world, with proven past life recall, often to different cultures, countries and sexes.  Some people identify with Judaism, and marry a Hassidic Jew, fighting and studying to get in, and then appropriating their ways. There are black people who live as Hassidic Jews. Honestly let people live as who there soul identifies with.  

Maybe she loved her sister, and black siblings as a child, and it was safer to see herself mirrored in beloved kin who had skin, hair, beauty, love, and gifts of the African Diaspora. Perhaps it is more injustice and slavery we are really mad at. Lets pick our battles. Maybe we're not all proud to be from primarily while lineages. Maybe that's a good thing.  

I once wished to be born in the Yoruba Tribe of Nigeria, West Africa, during turbulence on an airplane. You are welcome to call it cultural appropriation. I call it deep soul memory, and the truth of who really all are, one human family, with beautiful diversity, unity, and power.  

When I fell in love with a West African gentleman, who is now married to a West African woman, I visited Cameroon. In many ways I was moved, relieved, and felt at home. The first thing the family said to me was "welcome!" I could feel it. I hope we can reclaim that level of dignity in this conversation. 


I am sad for all the rage projected on this beautiful, open minded soul. I am grateful for the freedom she bridges into our shared world, from some African Soul memories, adoration, resonance, appreciation, and honoring. From some deeper love. To me she inspires the question "love or hate?" "Love or fear?" In me, from her identifications, documentary, and book, Within me, I feel she is inviting me to love. I see her, and relate to her identification, not only to being black, yet to being free enough to define, design, and honor blackness. How beautiful, inspiring, courageous, and powerful. Bravo.  

I would love to see her experience a past life regression, as I facilitate, and recall lifetimes of African strength and power, struggle, gifts, family, and triumph. And likely all expressions of sexes, cultures, classes, roles, and identifications. But alas now I am projecting, and I also truly appreciate her journey, exactly as it is. I am every color and culture of this new emerging rainbow tribe. It is not always an easy inner knowing to openly direct outward, and share. Yet I would not close my mind for anything now. Thank you!

See the documentary, if you are willing to keep your mind and heart open. Try seeing through the lens of your full humanity, from the love and the unity many of us want for all our children, not just a few.

I am not here denying or knocking the concept of white privilege, nor racism and all its shadow in America and the larger world. Yet I notice that black blessing is often minimized, in the raging support of pitting white privilege against black victims. To me there are also soul realities, karma, and grace. To me, if we knew who we are, across a full range of soul timelines, we would face realities where we have all played the roles of victims, perpetrators, privileged, and blessed.

It saddens me a great deal, that so much of the population can not even imagine these possibilities yet. I am grateful for multidimensional realities, perception, and so on.


As a human with both human, familial, lineage, cultural, and national karma, problems, assets, deficits, imperfections, learning curves, amnesia, lesson plans, blessings, and Grace, I feel it is beneficial to see through multifaceted, multidimensional lenses. Doing so expands compassion on all sides.  While the problems, injustices, and prejudices within communities of people of color, and or people seen by some as the "other," outsider, or scapegoat, are valid, and worthy of our focus, and ultimately transformation, I see the old black and white thinking as potentially dangerous, outdated and harmful.  Ironically most "black" people, or people of the African Diaspora are some mix of black, white, and other cultural and "race" identifications.

May I be instrumental in expressing, valuing, sharing, and validating the realities, where there is in fact more gray space, than not. For me, that is what both the life, voice, experiences, identifications, and documentary movie of Rachel Dolezal reveal.  We have more to learn than we could ever fully realize, in mere human form.

Truth is we're mostly SOURCE, and a small percent human, and an even smaller part, whatever flavor of human we, as each soul, signed on for.

People labeled as "white," many of them have complexities, life and soul memories, slave histories, victim histories, and so on. I feel the time is ripe for us, the human family, to upgrade our narrative to include full honesty and compassion. I believe we have all been everything. To openly consider this means we all have shame in our soul lineages, family lines, and more. May we begin to unpack our baggage in more vulnerable ways, to face this on the multiple levels, reality truly exists on!


We're all so black it's unbelievable. I hope to help us recover who we truly are, in all our fabulous flavors, cultures, shades, expressions, and color combinations. I hope to help Rachel Dolezal, Nkechi Diallo, Gift of God, reawakens blackness, soul, humanity and culture in all willing waking human family members on Earth.

May we all regain and reclaim the larger truth of who we really are!

I bless the diversity in all of us! May blessings and love fill in the places and spaces infiltrated with fear, hate, and hopelessness within my human self, and in all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment