Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Into the Blue - Early Shamanic and Hypnotic Journeys of Trailblazer Jen Klarfeld


Treasures From the Turquoise Blue Mexican Bookshelf of Jen Journals, Sketchbooks and Photo Albums


My First Group
Hypnotherapy Experience
at Renewal Institute
back in 1993

Tonight I dug into and received guidance to read and publicly share some very precious journeys, from over twenty years ago, when I lived in San Francisco, and was expanding my quest for Self discovery and direction.

By this time, I had already dropped out of a major Midwestern University, fled my bitter cold Midwestern homeland, and moved West, to be near my Dad.  I found my way to the rigorous world of advertising studies, at a small business oriented Art College, in the city. I went from pure fun with little focus, to pure focus and work with little fun, experiencing my second college experience as equally limiting, and not so very resonant with me.

It was all about this world, and I was soon to learn, I am not!


The Famous1989 Loma Prieta 
Earthquake of San Francisco  and 
Beyond, Measuring 6.9 on the Richter Scale

I took my first clairvoyant class in 1989.  The evening I was scheduled for my free psychic reading, the city and outlying areas were rocked by the giant Loma Prieta 1989 Earthquake. I walked and rode the bus from my Dad's real estate office, to the psychic school, only to be assured we could reschedule.  I felt it was a sign, that getting the psychic reading was a huge crossroads for me, as the earth shook right before!  Now I'm sure it was.

I roomed with a clairvoyant, world traveler, artist & art teacher named Pamela, who opened me to the magic of psychic readings and clairvoyant trainings.  I went on to attend clairvoyant trainings in San Francisco, Marin County, and later Santa Fe, New Mexico.


Michael Harner

My next mystical adventure step was Shamanic Training with Michael Harner, followed by shamanic journeying with his organization, transpersonal programs, community shamanic circles, and later in Santa Fe with Sandra Ingerman.


Sandra Ingerman

It was shortly after the first shamanic training, that I experienced my first life changing Alchemical Hypnotherapy Regression Session, with a young rookie named Adam, whom I recall seeing at the Mind Body Spirit Expos, regressing all the girls to past lives, where they would cry, right there in the middle of the giant, bustling event.

I was so impressed that I scoured the Bay Area, and found resonance and a strong pull to train in Alchemical Hypnotherapy at Renewal Institute, in San Leandro California, with Reverend William Thornton.

Every moment amazed me.

His stories live on in me, as if they were my own.  Some other day, you may get one or two of them out of me.

For now, I'll stick close to home, and share my own story.

Here is my very first trance experience of my training at Renewal Institute, from a group induction, whereby our teacher led the whole class in experiencing our own trance journeys simultaneously, and still individually.
Here is what I found in my big artsy journal:

3/4/93 - Journey Led by Bill Thornton - First Evening of Alchemical Hypnotherapy Training > at Renewal Institute, San Leandro California

Induction Demonstration:

Walk down "ten Stairs"... stairs in green hallway with table, at Renewal Center. Then think to walk down stairs of a Mayan Temple.  Given suggestion to walk through a door at the end. Then I go back to "Renewal stairs," to a doorway.

I find it is a natural wood door with similar plain wood handle, and a 3 paned, pie piece shaped, half circle window in the top of the door. Go through door (to SubConscious Mind).(Suggestion of path.)



Find myself on a path that is very curvy and winding, like a river in New Guinea.  Path runs through a vast amount of vegetation, like a tropical jungle or rain forest...and lots of color and shapes, wildly covering as far as the eye can see, with the exception of the clear way of the path running through.

Art by Raw Creation Artist Jen Klarfeld

Walking down path, follow path, observing brightly colored thick vegetation, flowers, fruit, plants, and trees. Late, but after noon, while sun shines, due to trees and foliage overhead, and mist. Tropical jungle. (Upon questioning) and note that my shoes are black patent leather Mary Janes, along with white tights and a blue dress, which makes me giggle to explain. Very giddy and silly sometimes.

Feel as though age, somewhere around eight years old. Very excited to be here, as I enjoy adventures so.

I meet, (upon suggestion), the adult Jen and tell her about my adventures, and enjoyment of them. Then I go up ahead, on my own, as eight year old Jen. I wish to meet someone along my way, but instead come upon a hut.  It is very dry, and it seems it was abandoned long ago. It is dusty, and dry, dirty, and dark, and contains only one table, and some small chairs, and not really anything else.  It is rather small, and not much larger than its contents. 

Apache Grass Hut with Baskets Outside

I have a sense that it is very ancient, and has been unattended for quite some time. When asked if it seems like a place I'd like to come back to, I say "no." Also I do not recall having ever been here before. I believe that the table and chairs need to be removed from inside, and that some cleaning and change might be helpful. It would make a better empty solitary space, without the clutter of the chairs and table. 

As I remain there, the hut seems to warm up with a glowing light. It's as if a warm golden and amber fire is burning inside. The fire is unique, in that it seems to burn in a tiny, dry, old straw hut, and yet at the same time, it warms the hut, and renews its inviting quality, while not endangering it in any way.


Warm Inviting Peaceful Hut

The fire does not ever threaten to consume the hut, only enlivening and creating warmth inside, which emanates  out, beyond the small hut itself. Hut transforms from ancient dry, dirty, dark, cluttered, unattended hut, to warm empty, emanating, radiant, inviting, peaceful, uncluttered hut.

No comments:

Post a Comment